Are you looking for a new Tex-Mex recipe to try out? If so try my Mexican Spaghetti, it is a 30 minute dinner idea. Seasoned ground beef, tender pasta, smothered in Tex-Mex flavors in each bite.
A one skillet dinner that you can throw together in no time. Pair with a crisp green salad, garlic bread, or any other favorite fixings.
This Mexican Spaghetti Recipe Is…
- One Pot Dinner
- Ready in 30 Minutes
- Mexicano Spaghetti
- Tex-Mex Ground Beef Recipe Idea
- Kid Friendly
How to Make Mexican Spaghetti
Full directions for this recipe for Mexican pasta, and measurements are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a quick walk through.
- Start by cooking your ground beef and onions, then season with salt and pepper.
- Once the hamburger meat is done cooking drain grease and add in the taco seasoning.
- Next add in the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes with green chilis, and mix well.
- Then you will pour in your water, and break your pasta to fit in the skillet.
- Press the pasta down ensuring it is submerged in water. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer.
- Once the pasta is cooked, give the pasta a toss to mix with the ingredients. Then top with shredded cheese and let it melt.
- Scoop some Mexican spaghetti on plate and serve.
Expert Tips For Success
When you are working on the pasta, make sure that you lay the pasta in different directions, that way the pasta doesn’t clump.
If you want a richer flavor you can use some beef broth in replace of the water.
Make sure you drain the beef, as it can create a lot of oil at the end if you don’t.
Make sure that the pasta is covered in liquid, or it will not cook down and become tender. It needs to be submerged in the liquid.
Take any leftovers and store in an airtight container for up to three days. You will find the pasta begins to soak up the extra liquid, and if need be add a splash of water to help thin it out a bit.
You can freeze your pasta Mexico in the freezer for 2-3 months. The pasta will soften up a bit once you go to reheat it. But the flavor will still be delicious.
Here are a few common questions when making this recipe for Mexican spaghetti.
More Dinner Ideas
Mexican Spaghetti is a delicious Mexican flavored spaghetti. Ground beef, taco seasoning, Rotel, and more all cooked in one skillet. An easy 30 minute ground beef recipe.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 8-9 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 3 cups water
- 1 packet taco seasoning, or 1/4 cup homemade taco seasoning
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 can Rotel, 10 ounces
- 2 cups shredded cheese, sharp
- Cook your ground beef and onions in a skillet over medium heat. You will want to season with salt and pepper.
- Drain off grease and then pour in the tomato sauce, Rotel, taco seasoning, and mix well.
- Now you will break up your spaghetti noodles and pour the water over the top. Make sure the pasta is submerged in the water.
- Bring skillet mixture to a boil and then lower heat to a simmer and place a lid on the skillet.
- Let the pasta simmer 12-15 minutes. You can stir it with tongs a time or two, to make sure the pasta doesn't stick together and clump.
- Once the pasta is fully cooked, sprinkle cheese on top, and then serve with your favorite Mexican toppings. We like sour cream, cilantro, etc.
Rotel - Rotel is simply diced tomatoes with green chiles. You can buy a can of diced tomatoes and a small 4 ounce can of green chiles if you can't find Rotel at your store.
Spice Level - Use hot taco seasoning or hotter Rotel to ramp up the heat. Or buy mild of each to keep it lighter i flavor and is kid friendly.
Pasta - I used spaghetti but you can swap with angel hair, elbow, bowtie, or other styles of dried pasta.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 693Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 78mgSodium: 1099mgCarbohydrates: 86gFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 36g
Let me know how you enjoyed this ground beef and spaghetti. It is one of our favorite easy ground beef dinners on busy weeknights.