Try my 7 layer taco dip with ground beef. A quick and easy bean dip with ground beef, taco seasoning, cheese, sour cream, guacamole and more. The ultimate ground beef appetizer to leave your guests or family wanting more.
I am always on the hunt for easy appetizer recipes. Whether I need a party food recipe, tailgating snack, or holiday appetizer. This seven layer dip with meat is a must try.
This Taco Dip Recipe Is…
- Simple ingredients
- Layers of Flavor
- Great party dip recipe
- Versatile in ingredients you use
How to Make 7 Layer Taco Dip with Ground Beef
Full directions for this 7 layer dip with ground beef are in the printable recipe card below. This is a visual walk through with some pictures to help.
- Cook ground beef as directed, and once done drain off excess grease.
- Then blend cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning together and set aside.
- Add meat and beans to the bottom of the pan, and then top with the sour cream mixture.
- Spread guacamole, on top of sour cream mixture.
- Next add a layer of salsa on top.
- Top with green onions, tomatoes, and black olives, along with cheese.
- Serve with tortilla chips!
Tips For Success
Here are a few tips to set you up for success for making this 7 layer dip recipe with meat.
Make sure to drain off grease from the ground beef. Or it can affect the overall dip. I like to mix the meat with the beans to help incorporate the dip flavors.
You can add on a layer of lettuce and then add on the tomatoes, cheese, green onions and olives. It will add a nice crisp texture.
You can make a double batch if you want and reach for a larger pan, or use two pans.
Fresh veggies are best, make sure they are not wilting, as they will be the first to spoil in this dip.
Storing Taco Dip
If you do not eat all of this Mexican dip with ground beef it will store for 2-3 days in the fridge, in a covered or airtight container.
You will find the green onions become stronger as it sits in the fridge. I like to eat this within the first 2 days of making it.
You will add layer of ingredients into the pan. As you add each layer you spread it out evenly and move on to the next. So it creates a layered look.
You can do a vegetarian option by leaving out the meat, or reach for ground turkey, ground pork, or even ground chicken. Cook the meat as directed and ensure it is fully cooked.
You will serve this ground beef dip cold. You will find it can wilt and break down the sour cream, cheese and other toppings if you serve it warm.
Have you tried the recipe? If so, please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below or drop a comment. Also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Facebook, Pinterest.
7 Layer Taco Dip With Ground Beef
7 Layer Taco Dip With Ground Beef is a tex-mex style dip. Loaded with ground beef, taco seasoning, refried beans, sour cream and more. This is a delicious and easy dip great for parties and events.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 can refried beans, 16 ounces
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces guacamole
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, diced
- 6 green onions, diced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheese
- 1/3 cup black olives, drained
- Cook ground beef in a skillet until crumbled and no longer pink. Once done add in the taco seasoning and refried beans and mix well.
- Pour mixture on the bottom of the pan.
- In a small bowl mix up the softened cream cheese and sour cream, and spread that on to the dip.
- Next do a layer of guacamole.
- Top with cheese, then add on tomatoes, green onions, and olives.
- Serve up the 7 layer dip with ground beef as a dinner or party appetizer.
Beef - You can easily swap the ground beef with other ground meat like turkey, pork, or chicken.
Toppings - Feel free to change up the toppings if you see fit. Sometimes we do a layer of lettuce after the guacamole.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 425Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 97mgSodium: 798mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 25g